However, unfortunately, numerous disturbances can cause us to have a troublesome sleep. Lifestyle habits, medical conditions, and environmental surroundings are just some of the factors that deprive us of the rest that we truly deserve.
For these reasons, sleep experts from around the world put their efforts together to help us to improve the quality of sleep.
In this article, you will discover the importance of good sleep and the use of CBD to aid in a restful night. And of course, our secret CBD recipes for you to try at home.
Know the importance of a good sleep
The National Sleep Foundation recommended optimal sleep times in 2015. They concluded that adults aged 26 to 64, are recommended to have between 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night.
This means that if a person can attain these recommended hours, they can have the following sleep benefits:
- Good sleepers can prevent weight gain, for they tend to eat fewer calories during the day.
- A night of sound sleep can improve one’s concentration and productivity.
- A good night’s sleep can prevent diseases like heart ailments, stroke, and diabetes.
- Someone who always has good sleep can prevent suffering depression and joint inflammation.
- Targeting the recommended sleep can improve the strength of one’s immune system.
- Having a quality sleep can improve social interactions and emotions.
A great way to ZZZzzz through CBD
With all our efforts to snooze soundly, there are factors as to why getting a peaceful sleep can seem impossible.
The following sleep disturbance factors can be rooted in many things, these are just some of them:
- Stress, anxiety and other psychological problems
- Smoking, drinking caffeine, irregular sleep patterns, drinking alcohol and other poor lifestyle habits
- Pain due to medical conditions like back pain, arthritis, and heart diseases
- Restless leg syndrome, sleep apnea, and other sleep problems
- Night-time lights and noise, and other environmental problems
- Trips to the bathroom at night
Despite all these factors that can significantly influence whether or not we have a good night’s sleep, CBD has been discovered to be a natural and effective solution to help us achieve quality sleep.
Yes, you read it right. This cannabis compound is already taking a great stride and is continuing to thrive at the forefront of the medical field. As a result, CBD can now be taken in many different forms, such as tinctures, oils, edibles, and capsules to aid in the quest for a restful night’s sleep.
CBD has been part of many endeavors that try to prove that there is a compound amongst the 400 compounds found in the cannabis plant, which has therapeutic properties.
One of the notable properties of CBD that appeals to many is its capability to provide quality sleep amongst sleep-deprived individuals.
In a special report from Project CBD (one of the world’s leading providers of educational resources of cannabis), it stated that CBD is a promising treatment for narcolepsy, sleep apnea, insomnia, and other sleep disorders.
Additionally, a study conducted in 2012 concluded that CBD could block the anxiety-induced REM (rapid eye movement) sleep alteration among rats because of its anxiolytic effect, and this can also be true among human beings.
A further study in 2013, confirmed that the systemic administration of CBD could increase the total sleep hours of a person.
A clinical trial was also conducted, and the researchers concluded that CBD has soothing properties because the patients who have insomnia that was tested were able to achieve improved sleep.
Moreover, CBD, with its anti-inflammatory property, can prevent inflammation from developing in our body, and this, in turn, can give us a sound sleep.
Finally, this particular cannabis compound has no life-threatening side effects and will not make us addicted to it, adding to its value.
Must-try CBD recipes for good sleep that will give you a restful night
With numerous resources telling us how cannabidiol can help us get some shut-eye, here are some exciting CBD recipes for you to try at home.
Each recipe includes a dose of cannabidiol that should be chosen at your discretion.
CBD sleep cocktail
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 cup tart cherry juice
- ½ dropper Valerian root tincture
- *Your preferred dose of Healspire CBD Tincture
1. Mix all the ingredients together, and enjoy this yummy, guilt-free cocktail before bedtime.
CBD bliss balls
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon of Healspire CBD Oil Tincture
- Grind the macadamia nuts in a blender until you have a thick paste.
- Add the melted CBD oil and coconut oil to make a macadamia butter.
- Then, use a large bowl to mix the macadamia butter, shredded coconut, vanilla extract, almond flour, and ground cinnamon.
- Mix together until the texture is like that of cookie dough.
- Sprinkle cacao nibs on a platter and ensure that they are distributed evenly.
- Use one tablespoon of dough and form a small ball between your palms.
- Roll the ball on the platter of cacao nibs.
- Spread out the balls in a container and refrigerate.
These bliss balls can last for up to a week in the refrigerator. They are a great bedtime snack that can be enjoyed together with a CBD cocktail.
Healthy CBD oil gummies for sleep
- ¼ cup gelatin powder
- 1 cup tart cherry juice concentrate or your preferred juice
- 2 tablespoon raw honey
- *Your preferred dose of Healspire CBD Tincture
- Over medium heat, pour the juice into the saucepan.
- Mix the gelatin powder slowly into the juice, then add honey.
- As it begins to get warm, turn the heat low.
- Continue stirring until the gelatin is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Add CBD oil after removing it from heat.
- Use silicone molds for the gummies to take shape.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, then remove them from the molds.
These homemade gummies can be enjoyed at any time throughout the day, but they are especially great at night to be consumed right before bedtime for a sound night’s sleep.
CBD turmeric ginger sweet recipe
- 1 cup carrot or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 inches ginger (thinly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon agar-agar powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 12 doses of Healspire CBD Tincture
- Place all the ingredients in a pan aside from the CBD oil.
- Sprinkle agar-agar to avoid clumps.
- Stir constantly and let it simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Take the ginger slices and mix the CBD oil.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and pour it into the molds.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
This is such a healthy recipe because of great combination of CBD oil and turmeric! Have a healthful evening with this homemade treat.
CBD has a lot of things to offer, and the good thing is that we can enjoy it by incorporating it into our exciting recipes. That means we get the health benefits of CBD, and we can enjoy quality sleep in a fun-filled way as well.
In addition to the recipes we provided, you can find an array of exciting CBD recipes online. Or better yet, you can come up with your own CBD recipes!